04 September 2007
Top 10 Massive, Unnecessary DVD Box Sets (Past & Present)
1. ESSENTIAL ART HOUSE: 50 YEARS OF JANUS FILMS ($850)
That's a lot of dough for a package that uses the term "essential" rather loosely.
2. GILMORE GIRLS: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION ($258.82)
5 minutes of this show is painful enough, why put it all together in a closet-like box? Oh, that's right. Girls like it.
3. THE BRADY BUNCH: THE COMPLETE SERIES ($129.99)
What good is this? The shag carpeting prevents you from using it as a blunt object.
4. SIX FEET UNDER: THE COMPLETE SERIES GIFT SET ($279.98)
You'll want to be like the title after lugging this pretentious set around.
5. FULL HOUSE: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION ($169.98)
Head for the hills! It's the worst show ever coming to you direct from San Francisco! It's the Tanners in 3-D! It's horrifying!
6. MacGYVER: THE COMPLETE SERIES ($170.99)
At least you don't have to put it together yourself.
7. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE COMPLETE EPIC SERIES ($59.98)
Cheesy in all the wrong ways, and in cheap tin shaped like a robot's head. Abort mission!
7. UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS: COLLECTOR'S EDITION MEGASET ($249.95)
Not even the biggest British telly devotee could handle this. Blimey!
8. THE X-FILES: THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION ($329.98)
Keep looking, the truth ain't in here.
9. HOMICIDE--LIFE ON THE STREET: COMPLETE SERIES MEGASET (N/A)
OK, so it's probably the greatest cop series ever, but putting it in a filing cabinet (seriously) is the equivalent of getting hassled by Internal Affairs.