14 February 2008

The Top 25 Love Songs of All Time

Barenaked Ladies - "If I Had $1,000,000"
Love don't need a fortune. Just some pre-wrapped sausages and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.


The Beach Boys - "God Only Knows"
I can't live without you


The Beatles - "All You Need is Love"
It was really hard to pick just one Beatles song, but here it is: the most simple, yet profound thing one can say about love.


blink 182 - "I Miss You"
I'm a mess when you're away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acg4WncxvAE

Coldplay - "Til Kingdom Come"
I'll be with you forever.


The Cure - "Just Like Heaven"
Being with you is better than being anywhere else.


Dashboard Confessional - "Stolen"
Here's my heart. You can have it.


Bob Dylan - "The Man in Me"
You're the only one who could see the real me.


Al Green - "Let's Stay Together"
I look around and see couples constantly breaking up and reuniting but I don't ever want to end it in the first place.


Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová - "Falling Slowly"
I don't know everything about you but I want to more than anything.


Van Morrison - "Have I Told You Lately"
You're my #1, and I don't tell you enough.


Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor - "Come What May"
Intense, authentic, and even a bit cheesy. Just like us.


Pet Shop Boys - "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing"
I'd do anything for you, even naked ballet.


Prince - "Nothing Compares 2 U"
No one could ever take your place.


Sarah Silverman - "I Love You More"
A silly choice, I'll admit, but love is worth fighting the ACLU for.


The Smiths - "There is a Light That Never Goes Out"
Even dying is lovely, as long as I'm with you.


Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - "Born to Run"
Let's hit the road. We don't need nobody else.


U2 - "All I Want is You"
It's simple. You and me, us, forever.


Barry White - "You're the First, the Last, My Everything"
Fairly self-explanatory.


Wings - "Silly Love Songs"
Let everyone be jealous of what we have.


Stevie Wonder - "For Once in My Life"
It's finally happened, and I wouldn't want it with anyone else.


Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps"
Stay. Whatever it is, it can wait.

2 comments:

Marie said...

wow babe! this is really cool!! :D

Alex(andra) Cavnar said...

I have to disagree with some of the songs........

but it's a good list nonetheless